Monday, December 18, 2006

What is a Christian?

I just finished watching a Anderson Cooper piece on CNN with the title "What is a Christian?" on You Tube. Look it up for yourself by going to Youtube.com and searching for Anderson Cooper, What is a Christian. The special is split into 8 segments - so you can watch bits and pieces or the whole thing.

I highly recommend this special for one main reason: It shows that not all Christians are alike. That may seem obvious to some; but since Christians are often thought of as all republican or as all conservative or all any which way. It is nice to see a somewhat well rounded piece on different folks who are focusing on different ways to be Christian.

I am not ashamed to say I am a Christian (at least I try not to be); but I worry about how people think they know exactly how to box me when I say I am. That is why I am all for the idea of getting the message out that there are Christians who are dedicated to following Jesus that don't look like the stereotypical Christians on TV.

No comments: