Friday, December 29, 2006

Now What?

No matter what holiday – Christmas, Easter, birthdays or even sometimes major deadlines – the summer busy season officially over, a major project over, a sermon finished and preached – I sort of want to ask the question – now what? After I have spent major time and energy planning or enjoying or doing – I feel sort of let down until the next big thing happens.

So, its December 26, I spent Advent to prepare spiritually, used the internet to prepare the gifts, took 12 hours to drive to Ohio and back, and now did I really get anything out of Christmas? Is it a let down?

As a former pastor and now an active member of Church, I could tell you the “right” answer – yes, Christ was born in my heart again. I am not sure that would be the true answer this year. Instead, I think I learned more about how to think within the Christmas season.

I am awaiting to go to Palestine in January – that has become my focus this advent; and I am still in it….I am preparing for it out of my love and hope in Jesus I am waiting to act on my faith in the upcoming month. I am acting out our advent theme “What are we waiting for?” With the emphasis on the What, as in What the heck are we waiting for?

No comments: