Saturday, December 16, 2006

Dreams and Strangeness

Last night, I had a life. I know that I have a full and a life I love normally. But last night, I had what I would categorize as stereotypical real life for people my age. (I realize the problems of stereotypes - and how they aren't likely to be the truth, but this is what I would imagine if I was a soccer mom I might do on Friday night.)

I went to "We have a dream" at Ariel Community Academy. A play based on Martin Luther King Jr's life put on by lots of young people directed by their teacher and my friend Eric. It was way cool - but as those that know me well or not so well that topic will always be exciting for me. This was Jim's first entry into my life as a pseudo school teacher. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. Well, other than CMLC's Christmas program to support my other friends Nadia and Melissa....I guess i am not so normal after all.

Then, we decided to try to do something really normal...go to the movies. (Now, that IS normal right??!!??) We went to see stranger than fiction. Awesome movie. Really awesome!!!! Not really a romantic comedy, but when Harold brings Anna flours (not flowers) that may go down as the most romantic gesture in a movie ever!!! Speaking as someone who loves to bake, being brought lots of different kinds of flours - rye, barley, soy is so adorable. (But actually probably more expensive than actual flowers.)

Really weird happening: Before the movie, I was asked my age and then given a movie trailer to watch and evaluate because of my age (Jim was too young :) ). So I had to answer questions before viewing about if I had ever heard of certain actors. The first was Tyler Perry!!!! Jim started laughing and I started jumping up and down. I am probably his biggest fan, ever!!! I had actually read about his new movie - Daddy's Little Girls and was answering questions on it by chance at a theatre that probably doesn't have the demographics to even show that movie when it comes out. I was happy to help Tyler out! (By the way, Tyler Perry is the guy that if I ever met him I would be rendered speechless, and then beg to be his wife!)

I have this desire to be normal - but I am sure I don't have it in me....oh well!

No comments: