Thursday, December 13, 2012

Weird Conversations of the Year



What was the weirdest conversation?

I thought of two:

Early January:
Me: Hey, (Foster Daughter), we need to talk.
Foster Daughter:  What?  (Thinking she was in trouble and had her cautious look on)
Me:  (with Jim beside me) I’m pregnant.
FD: Really?  This isn’t a joke right?
Me: Really.  Not something I would joke about!
FD:  (Smiling really beautifully) Oh my gosh, that is great.  Its about time, you are getting old.


Mid-summer Discover sponsor:
Youth Leader:  So what’s it like having this job and being a single pregnant woman?
Me:  Uh, I don’t know, I am not single.  I am married to Jim, I am sure you will see him around sometime while you are here.
(Upon reflection with others – my wedding ring was on a chain around my neck at the time and this person had been there before when I was single – and since I didn’t change my name when I got married – but uh, wow.)

No comments: