Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What changed my life?



What rocked your world, changed your life, shifted the ground beneath your feet?

In the late summer of 2011 I was told that I probably wouldn’t be able to have children biologically.  Jim heard the probably.  I heard wouldn’t be able.  So while our plan was mostly about fostering and adopting, I went through several months of processing about the choice being taken away.  I was becoming ok with it.

Fast forward to the week after Christmas 2011, and I am at the doctor’s office because I think I must be have the flu or something because I can’t keep a thing down – and lo and behold I come out of the doctor’s office knowing that I could indeed become pregnant.

Becoming a parent foster or otherwise didn’t rock my world, but becoming pregnant did.

No comments: