Monday, December 3, 2012

Visiting



 BlogFest December 3: Where did you visit this year?

Fear was the first thing that came to my mind.  I did visit fear in a real way.

My pregnancy was filled with fear.  Doctor’s appointments upon doctor’s appointments, becoming a case study for my ob/gyn was all reason for fear.  For much of my pregnancy I really believed that I would not have a baby at end but rather a funeral.  

I also visited places like Denver, CO, Holland, MI and Waldo, OH.  I visited many doctors, lots of people who wanted to meet Benjamin, and lots of non-profits around Chicago.  I visited with young adults who are seriously discerning their vocation and with middle schoolers who think about pizza more than they think about God.  I visited my compassionate heart, my ability to love in brand new ways, and my ability to be shaken to the core and scared.

The last three years I have traveled all over – this year, not so much…but visiting within myself has pretty amazing!

No comments: