Here is the assignment from RevGalPals:
I'm musing about giving thanks for people today, partly because Americans celebrated our annual Thanksgiving holiday yesterday (I try not to just make this holiday "turkey day" even though its main feature seems to be eating till one is nearly comatose) and partly because I read the above verse this morning. It started me thinking about individuals in my life for whom I give thanks. For this post-Thanksgiving Day Friday Five, share with us "Five People For Whom You Give Thanks to God" and maybe tell us why they are significant.
OK - only 5 is crazy for me to even think about - I have 5 groups of people. This doesn't include everyone of course that I love or give thanks for.
1. My family of origin - My sister, Mom, and my Dad - I love them and I can't imagine not having them in my life. My sister's hubby is a great addition to my family as well. They are just so critical to my life, it is even hard to describe why they are significant - other than they are.
2. My husband - obvious, right? Though it just becomes clearer to me. He cuts my stress by doing dishes, putting things in perspective, or just making laugh. I am thankful he is who he is.
3. My family gang - The three other couples that welcomed me before i was in a couple, and now am - these people are my chosen family - my sisters, my brothers. I am thankful that I have a home with them.
4. My nieces and nephew - J, G and G ground me even though I don't get to spend time with them like I would like. I like seeing the world through the eyes of these children.
5. My mentors - I wouldn't be who I am with those people who took the time to show me the beauty of theology, Chicago, and management.