Monday, January 7, 2008

Reflections

I have been leading a college class for the last couple days and here are some of my reflections on what we have been doing.

I studied Greek and can read it fluently, I love church studies and enjoy going to various worship services, I am the leader and I take myself fairly seriously, but upon stepping into the Greek Orthodox church yesterday morning - I still found myself wanting to reinact scenes from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The service was all in Greek - so I found my mind wondering....

Last night, we went to a Hare Krishna love feast. I thought it was awesome. They answered all the questions we had and encouraged us to take part in all the dancing. They provided a meal the size of my body - great Indian food. I was thankful that I had the opportunity to go.

I love my job - I get to go to great plays, great churches, eat good food, and last night heard in reflection how opinions of the city are changing for the better! What more could I ask for...

No comments: