Monday, June 2, 2008

Quotes

I tend to post just as much for me as I do for others. I have several quotes from a book, Reconcilation Blues, that I read about a month ago that I don't want to lose; so I am posting them.

People do not have to be racist or have any malicious intent - in order to make decisions that unfairly harm members of another race. They simply have to do what comes naturally." Ellis Cose

Peter reminds me of myself and others who know the gospel and preach orthodoxy in the traditionally approved manner in our churches...but deep down, like Peter, we really wish the new converts would learn to sign our songs and do ministry our way. Peter has been with Jesus and made many adjustments in word and deed over the years, but still had become the epitome of the cultural status quo. Ray Bakke

Oh, interesting, interesting

No comments: