Monday, April 7, 2008

Thoughts

We are done....after hosting groups almost everyday for a month, we are done. The last group left yesterday. On Saturday night, I did a leftover dinner...that only Jim knew was a left over dinner of baked chicken (made with a little leftover egg beaters and saltines), broccoli rice casserole, garlic bread, fruit, cooked carrots, salad. I was trying out new recipes for the summer this spring and I had a great time doing it.

------

I am excited to say that Brian and I have a new office and we had a group of volunteers who came to pack and unpack our office. I was amazed at the work that was done on our behalf.

------

Our house is clean to the core - even the drawers and the closets. When I was in college, I often would finish a project and with that energy that I get from that, I would clean! That was sort of the premise yesterday, I haven't been on my own terms for awhile - so while it needed it bad, I got the energy for it because of that. Even Jim, who has a tendancy to be a cleaner person that I, but a person who likes to clean in chunks, thought we should spend Sunday cleaning - it was bad.

------

Yesterday, we picked up our first week of meals from First Slice - the community kitchen project. I will let you know how it goes.

______

Look for a surprise announcement soon!

No comments: