Saturday, April 5, 2008

Friday Five on Saturday

Another one of those Friday Fives on Saturday - feel free to let me know what your five would be!

How has God revealed him/herself to you in a:

1. Book - I think Black Christ by Kelly Brown Douglas inspired me to look at God in new ways - and I still cling to those lessons I had now over 10 years ago.

2.Film - Contact - I was inspired to think of how great and big God is. I also loved the way God was portrayed in Madea's Family Reunion and most of the Tyler Perry flicks - so big and accepting, so personal and loving.

3. Song - River God by Nichole Nordeman. The combo of music and lyrics gets me everytime! The lyrics are: Rolling River God
Little Stones are smooth Only once the water passes through
So I am a stone rough and grainy still
Trying to reconcile this river's chill

CHORUS:
But when I close my eyes
and feel you rushing by
I know that time brings change
and change takes time
And when the sunset comes
my prayer would be just this one
that you might pick me up
and notice that I am
just a little smoother in your hand

Sometimes raging wild sometimes swollen high
never have I known this river dry The deepest part of you
is where I want to stay and feel the sharpest edges wash away

4. Another person - this is really corny, but hey I haven't been quite a year yet, my husband Jim. Jim has taught me to let go and feel the love that God surrounds me with not just through Jim but through the mulitude of others around me.

5. Creation - Rain in the desert - after living in the San Luis Valley for 2 years, I am amazed at how I like rain and how rain feels like the soft or hard touch of God when it happens

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Living in the often wet Connecticut River valley, I am enjoying seeing and feeling the rain through your desert eyes.... thank you!

Sally said...

excellent play- and it is great tat you mentioned Jim as the person who reveals God to you! Long may it be so!!!