Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Oprah entry

So - in regards to the movie that is previewed in a post last week - Oprah is asking viewers to answer the question - Why did I get married? I decided to take a stab at it in 2000 characters or less (that is Oprah's terms) This is obviously not all the reasons I got married - but I think more and more the more I fall in love it has to do with this deep real friendship that only Jim and I understand and love in each other.

I got married because I found a best friend that I didn’t want to go home, ever.

I admit, I am a newlywed – so my opinion may be less valid than my parent’s who have been married forever and a day in today’s standards. My husband will tell you that he worked hard for me to date him, really hard. It is so true. So, when I went on a study trip for three weeks – I came home thinking – crap he is going to break up with me because he won’t care after this time, and he was thinking – crap she is going to break up with me because she will be so passionate about the trip that just happened. I knew that I never wanted to have that feeling again. I wanted to know that my best friend, my now husband, was going to be there with me no matter where I traveled to without him. Marriage was my way of saying – I love you and I want you in my life – something I haven’t ever been willing or wanting to say before.

No comments: