Thursday, September 27, 2007

If Jim and Krista had a kid....

this might be likely to happen (from the RED EYE CTA BLOG SITE)

True story, and while it was annoying at the time, it's really funny.

My wife and I were on the Brown Line the other morning on the way to Lakeview when a woman and her son -- probably 5 or 6 years old -- get on at like Randolph and Wabash.

This kid is hysterical. Screaming. And at first it was hard to make out what the problem was, but then as the cries filled the car and it became impossible to concentrate on anything else, it became clear.

"I wanted Greeeeeen. Waaaaaaaaah. Green, mom!"

Yes, readers, this young man was having a temper tantrum over his mom's choice to ride the Brown instead of the Green.

I was surprised. Personally, I think Brown blows Green out of the water, with the exception of the cool tunnel near IIT.

Eventually, his mom redirected his attention to the book he was carrying. And he became one with Brown, although he cried sporadically as we approached Sedgwick and Armitage.

Hopefully, he gets his wish and gets to go Green someday. But kid, let me give you a little piece of advice. Orange. That's where the excitement is at.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Orange rocks! Yes! I miss the CTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!