Friday, September 7, 2007

CTA story

I was on a bus today headed to check in on an agency:

It was sprinking and the bus stopped for an elderly woman who had two shopping carts. The woman got on and pointed at me and said, "Come, help me!" I got up and went to the door. The bus driver said to the woman (and to me) that she would put the ramp down to ease the process. So I got off the bus to pull the shopping cart out of the ramp's way. The woman wasn't convinced I was doing it right. Saw me trying to move the cart and looked at the bus driver and said, "She is stealing my cart! Bus driver, she is stealing the cart!" The bus driver tried to explain what I was doing. But in the end, I just lifted both of the carts up and then am trying to live with the idea that an elderly woman thought I was stealing her groceries.

1 comment:

Taking it like a man said...

nothing this interesting ever happens to me!