Friday, July 27, 2007

swimming part 2

I am reading a book called Leaving Church - where the author says:

As hard as I have tried to remember the exact moment when I fell in love with God. I cannot do it. The Divine Presence was strongest outdoors...(God feels like) my father holds me up in the swimming pool teaching me to float. As frightened as I am of getting water up my nose. I gradually relax into his open arms, trusting him to bear me up. ONe day he will let me go, but so far he hasn't. Until he does, there is no better feeling in the world than resting on his open arms with my body half in and half out of the pool, the sun in my face, and enough water in my ears so that I can really hear is my heart. Barbara Brown Taylor

A theological reason to like swimming....yippee!

No comments: