Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Recipe Time

For the sake of me remembering a slightly good, should be improved recipe:

1 cup of drained canned tomatoes

# 1 15 oz. can great northern or navy beans, drained

# 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped

# 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

# 1 10 oz. thin crust pre-made pizza crust

# 1 cup shredded fresh basil leaves

2 cup shredded, reduced fat mozzarella

I shredded the cheese myself and it came up to about 2 cups. Using the food processor, blended the oregano and garlic with the beans. The beans were then spread like sauce onto a Trader Joe's herb pizza dough (that should have been given some bake time before the sauce was added - but it was great tasting). The tomatoes, basil was put under the cheese and then I put some mushrooms on top of the cheese on a few slices for me.

It was quite interesting, it has potential to learn from! This was based on a sparkpeople.com recipe.

No comments: