I made this last night - for those of you who eat meat it is amazing, but unlike another barley soup that I made - it would be hard for me to take the meat away....
* 4 cups of beef broth, and I keep adding water throughout the process
* 1 huge sweet potato, chopped
* 1 medium onion, cubed
* 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
* handful dried garlic powder
* 1 pound boneless beef cut into cubes
* 1 cup quick cooking barley
* cracked pepper to taste
1. In large pot add water and all the ingredients except the barley. Cook approximately 35 minutes at a minimum heat, or until meat is fully cooked and potatoes are soft.
2. Add the quick cooking barley and cook another 15 minutes. Serve hot. Add salt to taste.