Thursday, January 18, 2007

Funny stuff too

With all the stuff that I am experiencing and sharing, it seems pretty serious. So I thought I would share some funny stuff too.

First, I need to acknowledge the wonderful balance the full time CPTers have on laughing and crying. I have laughed more in the last days than I have in a long while - all while seeing this injustice in new ways enough to constantly be crying. They try to keep in good mental health by laughing a lot.

Second, I stayed in a local family's home last night -I colored with the little girl and played tic tac toe with one of the boys, and with the other I played a version of Jenga. Fun stuff - all while this family is living with home demolition orders.

Life goes on in the midst of peacemaking and midst of occuptation.

Now, something really funny. I am sorry if this offensive to anyone. I am having the experience of being scared shitless, literally. We mostly have needed to use squat toliets since our time in Hebron. I still haven't been able to use one - I get in position and then freeze, so nervous that I can't do what I need to do. So, I wait until we are out and find a "Christian" toliet. It has become a great joke - she isn't afraid to come to Hebron, just go to the bathroom.

K

No comments: