Friday, January 12, 2007

Arrival

Hello! I am here in Jerusalem. I posted on the official site a little about what we have done. Please look at it hebrondelegation.blogspot.com for updates.

That being said, I have to say that this is quite similar to being at DOOR - I suspect. We had orientation, a guide who is so passionate about what he does that it just spills over, and meal teams, and we get to hear about all this neat stuff happening here - some of the negative stuff too. I am trying to be the best participant ever - just to prove to myself that I would be a good DOOR participant.

I am thankful that I have been here before; as I am more able to focus on the issues and the concerns - however, I must say that the PITA BREAD is still amazing and I get off track everytime we have it.

I am intentially trying to be the quiet one in the group to get a new perspective. For the most part it is working and the rest of the delegation probably has no idea how loud, how talkive, and how in charge I can be. My goal is to soak all of it in, so I will eventually need to verbally process it with some folks. But I am enjoying a change in my normal pace.

I will sign off as I listen to the 5 pm call to prayers in the Old City of Jerusalem.
K

1 comment:

Curt Weaver said...

Oh Joy! Kristen being the quite one... I wish I could be a fly on the wall. It is just precious that you are trying to be a good participant. I’m sure you are pulling that off… but please don’t slip up and be a trouble maker… oh wait… you are supposed to “Get in the WAY” so … you see the dilemma… give em hell (in a Christ like way) and...I’ll see ya on CNN!