Monday, June 4, 2007

Knocked Up review

Knocked Up review


Director: Judd Apatow
Starring: Seth Rogen, Katherine Heigl, Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann.
Rating: 10/10

Synopsis: Unemployed pothead hooks up with a hottie and a club for one night of passion and ends up a father.

Review:

We walked up to our favorite theatre...the one with the cheapest parking in the city. It really didn't seem all that busy and we were about 15 minutes early for the show and well the theater was actually quite packed. Filled with the obvious date couples as most rom-coms gather in masses.
40 year old virgin meets a funnier Nine Months meets Grandma's Boy. I enjoyed these movies although Nine Months wasn't the greatest but it had it's moments. So we have the humor and quality of 40 year old virgin, the reference material and pregnant humor of Nine Months and for the guys the pothead/loser funny stuff. What more could you want? Knocked Up has plenty for the guys and the girls. Relatively equal Family/Pregnant humor and for the guys the Pothead/Jackass humor.

I loved every moment of this film from the shoe bomber jokes to the baby shopping. I didn't expect Katherine Heigl and Seth Rogen's chemistry to work all that well but I was pleasantly suprised. Paul Rudd's character suprised me as I thought he would reprise his type of character from 40 year old virgin. I love it when a movie blows my expectations a way. Favorite jokes were: the running gag of shoe bomber and shrooms and Cirque De Soleil.

Go see this movie how much more praise can I give it!

I've seen shrek 3, spider-man 3, Pirates 3, this summer/spring and no movie I walked out of had a line going all the way to the entrance to wait to go see a movie except for this one. I think the general public has been waiting for a non-sequel movie to come out this summer...

No comments: