Monday, October 27, 2008

Murders in Chicago

Not only has Chicago just been named the murder capital of Chicago, but now all the national media is here "investgating" the murders of a mom, son, and grandson that were truly horrific. They have a "person of interest" and the missing grandson was found dead in the Amber Alert found SUV.

I am sad for the family that survives. I can't imagine the pain they are feeling. No one deserves this.

But...

This family is Jennifer Hudson's - a famous person. What about the families of the other 429 people who have been killed in Chicago? I heard a news story that the folks personally involved are hoping that this brings attention to the neighborhood violence that is happening in Chicago. I hope...I pray...

I hope that famous people aren't the only people that we care about...

No comments: