Here is a Friday 5 from a blog I read: RevGalBlogPals
1. Did you go to sleep away camp, or day camp, as a child? Wish you could? Or sometimes wish you hadn't?
I went to a Methodist Seminary's day camp program when I was little. On dress up day - I went as Moses in the basket in the river. There is a picture. We used an old laundry basket. I don't remember anything from it except that costume and the cool playground, and walking in the waters catching minnows.
-I went to church camp, 4-H camp that was for a week at a time. I loved it!!!!
2. How about camping out? Dream vacation, nightmare, or somewhere in between?
When I was a child and I still do, love camping. I think it is about the neighborhood atmosphere of it. Camping is something my family often joined other families, and if not camping incites talking to those around your campsite more than hotels. It is a group experience and I have always liked that.
3. Have you ever worked as a camp counselor, or been to a camp for your denomination for either work or pleasure?
I was a camp counselor for a confirmation camp once while in college. I really liked it. My seminary had camp days at the beginning of each semester that were always fun. I have attended many retreats with churches that I worked for - always fun.
I once was the camp pastor for a church camp for junior high week of camp. It was the most amazing week - but probably one of my hardest assignments I have ever had. Three 1 hour slots a day to teach church history, bible, and other stuff. It was amazing. Shrek as Moses; a new verison of Romans 8, junior high style and covering Anabaptist history without boring - it was great!
4. Most dramatic memory of camp, or camping out?
My family met another family from home in Disney's camp ground - they got there in the middle of the night and I got woke up to greet them.
5. What is your favorite camp song or songs? Bonus points if you link to a recording or video.
Jesus is a Friend
Going on a Bear Hunt