1. So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog?
Unlike a lot of people, who are smarter than I, I don't have fake identities for myself or folks that I mention - sometimes I don't mention names if I shouldn't - but most are real names.
The name of my blog is actually fairly thought out. The original God, Chicago and Sour Patch Kids was explained in my first blog entry like this:
God - I can only hope that I keep God first...I try most of the time to keep this important piece in my life. While I don't think the only way to experience God is my way, I am sort of in the business of church. I have a degree in religion; a master's of divinity and work in a church rooted ministry; of which I am way to passionate about - it is sort of my life, actually. I am privledged to be able to focus on God for a job - and I give thanks for that almost everyday. I won't be quiet about this God I love.
Chicago - I love my city, the neighborhoods, and the fact that I get the opportunity to live here. I am quite passionate about sharing the joys and the pains of this city with anyone who will listen. I won't be quiet about this place I love.
Sour Patch Kids - This is silly, but I am addicted to these little candies. I can even tell a fresh bag from a bag that has been on the shelf a little too long. I am sure I will post about that soon. I won't be quiet about this candy I love.
If anything - I can promise I am not quiet about the things that I love - so I hope you keep checking for new posts.
Jim had been trying to keep a blog and he asked to join mine - I wasn't feeling it, but decided that would be okay after awhile so he suggested the title to add and a geek. I liked it and it became the name.
2. Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there?
No...I don't think so.
3. What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun?
1. polderpooza - a friends take on combining some dutch words and an american tradition
2. Doors open on the left - about the Chicago transit service - the name is good the blog not so much
4. What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals blog of course!
2. CTA tattler
2. The Paris Project
5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why?
My friend Jackie! I liked being able to read about her life and the stuff she was posting just to remember for herself. I blog for myself a lot and I like that part more than blogging for other people.