Thursday, November 1, 2007

On the bus writing

I have been stressed a lot lately; to the point of shutting down. Its that time in the DOOR year that I need a vacation but can’t take one for another couple weeks. However, while on the megabus to St. Louis - I am thinking of how good my life is.

No matter how stressed I am about it; I am honored to be in the line of work I am. I appreciate the people I work with and for – and when I get stressed about it, it is only because the passion I feel for my work is the tiring and yet energizing.

I get to meet new people all the time – whether they are doing great work in the city or coming to work alongside those in the city or even considering urban ministry as an option. I am able to be apart of the journey, and that is exciting.

I have good people, you know, good people. The folks who are there for me; and notice when I am not all there – that there good people. Especially in the last week I have noticed this while stressed – a sister to vent to, other sisters to hug me and make me feel loved, parents who aren’t on speeddial but should really be, and my niece who loves me so much that when I got up to sing with the choir in church she shouts in her best 2 year old scream – Krista, Krista, that’s Krista. (Thanks Joslyn, you made me feel like a million bucks!) A husband who loves me through my stress – and often picks up on it before I do.

I am so blessed to be where I am. God is so good. God is so good.

No comments: