Saturday, March 31, 2007

I got a ovation for getting married tonight....I didn't really enjoy it. I mean, why do I deserve applause for getting married. Did I not deserve applause for being single?

A lot of my identity is really wrapped up in being a radical God girl - in a sense being married to God - a crazy nun, per se. When I get all this attention for getting married, I feel like I want to run and be nun girl again. Jim knows this already - nothing new.

It seems it is hard to get so completely knocked out in wedding stuff in such ways that it negates my life before. I am great the way I am, married or not. Single people should start throwing parties every couple years like receptions - fun and non-threatening!

You go single people!

3 comments:

Jim said...

boooo hisss booo single people :P

Jackie said...

One thing I love about you, Krista, is that even when you're married, you will NEVER be what Bridget Jones called a "smug married." Single people will be thrilled to have a married friend like you! :)

Krista said...

thanks Jackie!

If you couldn't figure it out...Jim is the above comment!