Monday, February 12, 2007

Comfort Zone breaking

(I wrote this yesterday morning.)

Last week the rodeo – this week the Cheer and Dance Nationals. Boy – my comfort zone is being ruined! I am sitting in the next room over from the National Youth Workers Convention at the Cheer and Dance Nationals. All these little girls – real little like 5 – cheer to songs that I shouldn’t be listening to as a 30 year old.


I told Heidi, my coworker who is here with me at the other event in the building, that these are the people I made fun of when I was a kid. So it might be good for me to sit through a bit of it. It seems a little silly – seriously it smells so much like hairspray in this conventional hall someone could actually get high! I realize that everyone has their thing growing up – show choir stuff isn’t that different from this, even the Christian show choir I was a part of…..wait, now there are 3 year olds cheering to ABC by the Jackson 5 – never mind, this is way different!

No comments: