Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Big Bang Theory

This is not about THE Big Bang Theory. Its about the CBS sit-com The Big Bang Theory. I have the first season with me while I am in LA - I laugh out loud each episode. It is based around Leonard and Shelton two physics researchers whose only friends are other researchers until a "normal" girl moves in next door.

I love Leonard - the guy who tries to live in the real world most of the time - realizing that his friends have gone a little overboard. But I also admire Shelton who is just so smart that social concerns just go over his head. The writing is terrific. You aren't going to get a message, and it does border on making fun of the geeks, but it still is a solid laughable show. A bonus: I see glimpses of both Jim and my dad in almost every episode.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Do you ever read the little commentaries at the end of the shows? They are only on the screen for a few seconds, so you either have to read really fast or record them. They're funny, too!