Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This past weekend

I know Krista will probably post all about her sisters wedding we went to but I wanted to point out some of the weird things that happened this weekend

As we were shopping I overheard a Mom tell her son:

"No you can't be a monster for halloween you were a monster last year"
-I love hearing parents try logic on their children

When I was the same age 10-12 I wore the same Ninja costume, my parents didn't even put up a fuss, it certainly was cheaper for them.

In a similar tale where we were at a mall a week ago I was babysitting our neice which is about 3 1/2 and I overheard something very similar a father was trying to explain why they couldn't play on the rides any more because he didn't have enough money to his daughter who was about the same age and then get frustrated when she couldn't understand.

It's only funny because in the limited amount of time I've babysat Joslyn I've learned diversion tactics work the best and even parents who've had the kid for 3 years+ couldn't learn that...

I was told by an older man when trying to get into a bathroom stall that I shouldn't rush things...

I learned how to dance professionally for the first time

My suit I wore to the wedding told me I'm getting fluffy. It's been 1 1/2 years since I've had to wear it...

I was so peopled out by Sunday morning I just wanted to crawl into a computer/tv.

I was able to get a King sized bedroom at a Knights Inn when they were the last resort and had initially just 2 double sized beds and it was a "smoking" room

No comments: