Top Ten Best Things About My Wedding Weekend
12. (I know I said 10 – but it is my list): Adrenaline! After being at the doctor’s several times in the previous week – resulting in a diagnosis of Mono or “the kissing disease” and practically sleeping all the time and throwing up anything I ate in the weeks before – on Saturday you would have no idea that I was remotely sick – until late into the festivities. Actually the cake cutting in which I whispered to Jim – if I eat just one bite of that I will puke.
11. Brenda Matthews. She is an amazing hip hop poet who wrote a poem for Jim and I and read it at the wedding. Way cool!
10. Peter and Liz. Our photographers were amazing! They let us be us and never were intrusive.
9. Tourism in our own city! We spent two days and two nights downtown going to all the touristy places and finding new favorites – a cooking light restaurant, the Soupbox (12 soups a day), and a place where CTA signs go to die and are for sale.
8. CTA between the ceremony and dinner. Jim and I along with friends and family went on the CTA with our suit, dress and just married signs on our rears. It was so fun!!!!!
7. Community Moment. Instead of a unity candle, we had everyone bring a marble up and drop into a jar. I already really like to look at it!
6. Our friends took us the night before to take care of us. Mom, Betsy, Nadia, Melissa and Chris (and occasionally Dad) took good care of me telling stories, getting me ready and making me less nervous! Jim was with Jim, Eric, Casey as well as Joslyn and Gabriel.
5. Pompei. My favorite restaurant Pompei provided a great though drawn out supper.
4. Room Service. Gotta love honeymoon room service!
3. Wedding Party Friday night – we had a big party with the church choir and Men of Destiny. Lots of great pizza, and fun and music.
2. Conservatory. We had our pictures taken at the Garfield Park Conservatory. It was fun to see other wedding parties…as well as get our families to this great place. The other highlight was Jim was super nervous and it helped him calm down before the ceremony.
1. Jim. The best part of the wedding was that I got to marry Jim! The rest of these are in no order!
Pictures are to follow soon!