Monday, September 26, 2011

2 to 5 in a week...

I want to believe that I will write a little more than normal because we now have some kids in the house.....maybe, maybe not. Introductions must be made: After 28 months of prep (that is a freaking long pregnancy - I think elephants only have 24 months), we have a foster daughter and two foster grandsons. They have been with us for 4 days. I feel like I know too little to actually be blogging about these children. But some observations about myself in the last four days... *I feel a bit like I am living in community again! My culture and my thoughts are getting all mixed up when I think "No, you can't have chips for breakfast!" Maybe chips for breakfast aren't that bad? *I want everyone to feel at home, I want everyone to have enough, but I don't want to go on a Target run that I really can't afford. How many clothes do kids need? I have no idea, they didn't cover that in class! *When I woke the sleeping late teen this morning, I really thought - I have no idea how to do this! Last night, I was in bed by 9:30 (yes, I am sick as well) but...hope it gets better!

No comments: