Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CTA story

I keep forgetting to write about this, I thought of it this morning...and I really don't want to forget this time.

When I was coming home from the airport last week, I got on the Harrison bus at Cicero headed east. It was a red light when I got on, and while I paid and settled in to my seat. The bus driver was looking at the windows of the corner liquor store. She then asked if the two guys in the back of the bus would "go check out if the the keg size window displays are real or just cut outs." They did. "No, sorry cutouts...want us to go in the store to see if they have them inside?" "Would you?" The guys go in and now it is a green light. "The store says those are just displays."

And if that wasn't good enough a story...

During all this, it becomes clear that the little boy that is sitting across from me - probably about 6 years old, is the son of the bus driver. He is really struggling with his mom's non-attention to him - I am thankful that she was driving the bus. So, I start a conversation with him. "How was school?" He just looks at me, then his mom says - "Don't you answer her!" He looks at me, and mouths the words, "It was okay..."

I laughed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud :-)